Non-woven isolation gowns are disposable personal protective clothing items that are widely used in hospital isolation areas.
It aims to:
①It is used for medical staff to avoid being contaminated by blood, body fluids, and other infectious substances during contact;
②Protective equipment used to protect patients from infection;
③Isolation gown is a two-way isolation to prevent medical staff from being infected or contaminated as well as patients from being infected.
1. When entering a strictly isolated ward, you need to wear isolation gowns.
2. Examination and nursing require special isolation of patients. When the work clothes may be contaminated by secretions, excrement, blood or body fluids, isolation clothes shall be worn
Medical staff entering the patient wards of infectious diseases that are likely to cause dissemination in the hospital and patients who require special isolation (such as extensive burns, organ transplants, and premature babies) are required to wear isolation gowns.
1. The length of the isolation gown should be appropriate, and the overalls must be completely covered;
2. Isolation clothing should be changed when contacting patients with different diseases;
3. The disposable isolation gown needs to be replaced daily, if it is damaged, wet or contaminated, it should be replaced immediately;
Levels of protection of isolation gowns
• Level 1 Gowns: Minimal risk, to be used, for example, during basic care, standard isolation, cover gown for visitors, or in a standard medical unit
Ø Provides a slight barrier to small amounts of fluid penetration
Ø Single test of water impacting the surface of the gown material is conducted to assess barrier protection performance.
• Level 2 Gowns: Low risk, to be used, for example, during blood draw, suturing, in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), or a pathology lab
Ø Provides a barrier to larger amounts of fluid penetration through splatter and some fluid exposure through soaking
Ø Two tests are conducted to assess barrier protection performance:
Water impacting the surface of the gown material
Pressurizing the material
• Level 3 Gowns: Moderate risk, to be used, for example, during arterial blood draw, inserting an Intravenous line, in the Emergency Room, or for trauma cases
• Level 4 Gowns: High risk, to be used, for example, during long, fluid intense procedures, surgery, when pathogen resistance is needed or infectious diseases are suspected (non-airborne)
When you are selecting PPE Gowns, consider three key things. First is the type of anticipated exposure. This is determined by the type of anticipated exposure, such as touch, splashes or sprays, or large volumes of blood or body fluids that might penetrate the clothing. PPE selection, in particular the combination of PPE, also is determined by the category of isolation precautions a patient is on. Second, and very much linked to the first, is the durability and appropriateness of the PPE for the task. This will affect, for example, whether a gown or apron is selected for PPE, or, if a isolation gown is selected, whether it needs to be fluid resistant, fluid proof, or neither. Third is fit.
Founded in 2006, Wellmien has grown to a company specializing in disposable medical supplies and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), integrating with design, manufacture and sales capacity. Our sales headquarter is in Suzhou, Jiangsu and manufacturing plants cover a total area of 8,000m2 including 1,500m2 of clean room.
Wellmien provides globally medical care and food processing facilities with products including face masks, gowns, coveralls, aprons, bouffant caps, shoe covers, sleeve covers, under pads, disposable gloves, wound-care products, isolation gowns, first-aid products and surgical packs etc. Our products are best sold to worldwide markets and widely applied to different settings such as hospitals, care centers, wholesalers, government agencies or institutes, food industries and households, etc. With excellent OEM services, our annual sales exceed 20 million USD.
Wellmien is ISO13485 certified and implements a strict Quality Management System (QMS). Our main products are approved by US FDA and EU CE certified. With superior products and services, our company has won the trust and support from new and old customers all over the world. If you have any inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us!